Initial Issue Certificates
Ratings & Courses
This policy sets out how NZPIA will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. By using this site, you agree to the terms of this policy. We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto this website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or application process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone or email), or when you buy or use our services and products;
- Affiliated operators, in incident / accident reports only;
- Third parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide services and products to you;
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- To respond to communications from you, including complaints;
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the NZ Privacy Act (1993).
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business or person we engage to carry out functions on our behalf, e.g. website management or other services and products;
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- Any other person authorised by the NZ Privacy Act (1993) or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- NZPIA affiliated operators (to verify your identity, affiliation status and NZPIA certificates and ratings only);
- Any other person with your express or implied consent -
NOTE: Scanning a QR code on any NZPIA document you have been issued could lead to the disclosure of personal information about you related to that document. By allowing your code to be scanned you are authorising us to disclose that information.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act (1993), you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold, and to request a correction to your personal information. We may need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.